When properly designed, your backyard should provide additional outdoor living space where you can spend time with family and friends. Amenities once reserved for the indoors, such as fireplaces and kitchens, are now finding their way into many backyards. A true extension of your home, backyards have become areas for recreation as well as relaxation. Click To Tweet
A Respite From The World
Your backyard should provide a respite from the world. A place to enjoy nature in peace and quiet. Here are the best ways to transform your outdoor space into a retreat you’ll look forward to spending time in:
Whether you’re looking to block out nosy neighbors or a busy road, creating privacy can sometimes be a tricky pursuit. There are a lot of great options depending on your space requirements and your family’s needs.
- A fence is an obvious choice, but the right material can add beauty as well.
- A hedge is a natural alternative to a fence or an addition to it.
- Combine fencing with plants and foliage to add privacy and insulation from noise.
Even the most beautiful outdoor space will go unused if it doesn’t serve a purpose. Think about what your family would like to do in your ideal backyard, and then incorporate those elements into your design plan.
- If you grill often or just love eating outdoors, you need an outdoor kitchen.
- Do the kids need an outlet to release their energy? Consider adding a sparkling blue pool or a fun playset.
- If you want a place to watch the game with friends, a covered patio is the perfect solution.
Your backyard furnishings will define your backyard’s style and add comfort for the whole family. By choosing the right furnishings, your backyard retreat will come together.
- An elegant rectangular dining table can become an ideal destination for al fresco dining.
- If you add seating, make sure to include accent tables so guests have somewhere to set food or drinks.
- Add padded outdoor cushions to chairs for comfort. No one wants to sit on a hard surface.
A beautifully landscaped backyard can make a world of difference when it comes to creating an inviting space. Whether it’s adding a gazebo or just freshening up your flowers and foliage, good landscaping adds form and structure to your outdoor space.
- Shade trees can provide additional privacy and ample shade to your backyard.
- Layering lush green hedges with pops of color can add visual interest and a tropical flair to your landscape design.
- For low maintenance plantings, choose native plants and wildflowers (which also attract butterflies).
The Perfect Backyard Retreat
With good planning and expert design and construction, your backyard living space can become a multipurpose area that everyone will enjoy. Whether you plan on relaxing, entertaining or playing with the kids, your backyard should always feel like an escape.
Contact Us to learn more about creating a backyard retreat you’ll enjoy for years to come.